Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Where Are You? (¿Dónde estás?)

Today I wanted to share a humorous poem, but one that also reminds me God knows better than I do. 

He knows exactly where I need to be, even when I don't understand or don't want to be there.

I hope this poem makes you smile and encourages you that you can trust God. He knows right where you need to be.


     The Lizard 

There’s a lizard in my bathroom.
I screamed when I saw him
And tried to chase him out.
He dodged and ran back in.
I froze in the doorway,
Perhaps more scared of him
Than he was scared of me.
“This is my house,” I declared.
“You’re supposed to live outside.”
His beady eyes followed me,
But he stood his ground.
I boldly moved toward him, 
He scurried behind the sink.
That night he reappeared,
Staring at me while I brushed my teeth.

For days we watched each other,
The lizard and I,
Neither giving way.
I ranted and raved, coaxed and rebuked.
He never budged, determined to share my space,
Or scare me off for good.
Then, finally, I caught him!
With a pitcher and lid I scooped him up,
Threw him outside and slammed the door.
“Victory is mine,” I cried!
That foolish lizard would have stayed forever 
In my tiny bathroom.
But I knew better than he.
Lizards belong outside,
And my bathroom belongs to me. 

-by Joanna K. Harris


P.S. Congratulations to Anne, winner of last week's giveaway! Your copy of the updated version of Grace In Time Of Need, is in the mail. Enjoy! =) 



¿Dónde estás?

Hoy quería compartir un poema chistoso, pero que también me recuerda que Dios sabe mejor que yo.

Él sabe exactamente donde debo estar, aun cuando no entiendo o no quiero estar ahí.

Confío en que este poema te haga sonreír y te anime a darte cuenta que puedes confiar en Dios. Él sabe exactamente donde debes estar.


La Lagartija

Hay una lagartija en mi baño.
Grité cuando la vi
Y traté de echarla fuera.
Me esquivó y volvió a entrarse.
Quedé congelada en la entrada,
Quizá más asustada de ella
Que ella asustada de mí.
“Esta es mi casa,” declaré.
“Se supone que tú vives afuera.”
Sus saltones ojos me siguieron,
Pero se mantuvo firme.
Valientemente me moví hacia ella,
Se escurrió detrás del lavaplatos.
Esa noche reapareció,
Mirándome fijamente mientras me cepillaba los dientes.

Por días nos miramos una a la otra,
La lagartija y yo,
Sin ceder ninguna el paso.
Yo despotricaba, persuadía y reprendía.
Nunca se movió decidida a compartir mi espacio,
O asustarme hasta la muerte.
¡Finalmente la atrapé!
Con una jarra y la tapa la recogí,
La tiré fuera y cerré de un golpe la puerta.
“¡la victoria es mía,” grité!
Esa necia lagartija se habría quedado para siempre
En mi pequeño baño.
Pero yo sabía mejor que ella.
Las lagartijas pertenecen afuera,
Y mi baño me pertenece a mí.

-por Joanna K. Harris


P.D. ¡Felicitaciones a Anne, ganadora del regalo de la semana pasada! Tu copia de la versión actualizada de Gracia En Tiempo De Necesidad, está en el correo. ¡Disfrútalo! =)

No comments: