Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

peace in stress

"When I said, 'My foot is slipping,' your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." -Psalm 94:18-19

I love these verses! And I love God's grace! It continues to amaze me how He can give consolation, joy, peace, etc. in the midst of anxious times.
Our trip from FL to Dallas wasn't too bad until we stopped and tried to find a hotel. Every time I went into one of the hotel rooms, I immediately starting feeling sick and had to leave. After about the third time, I had to take some benedryl. My poor mom was trying to figure out what to do. She and Mary Ann were so tired, but we couldn't find a place to stay that was safe for me. Amazingly, through it all, I wasn't stressed out. I kept praying we'd be able to find a place, but we never did. Even that was ok. God gave the ladies strength to keep driving, and I was able to sleep most of the night while they drove. God gave me such peace and CONFIDENCCE that He was taking care of us. It was wonderful to go through a stressful time like that and not really feel stressed out. Praise God! I'm sure it was because of so many people praying for us. What a blessing it is to have God's consolation through His Spirit, but also through His PEOPLE.

This place where I'm staying in Dallas is great! It's all tile, only metal shelves, no chemicals, carpet, mold, etc. I hope it will be a restful place even while I'm going through all the stress of tests, treatment, etc. Although with cable TV, it's going to take some discipline not to just be a cough potato. I'm sure God's grace is sufficient for that too. =)

Ok, all for today. Oh, I tried to post pictures on here but I can't get it to work. Anyone with suggestions? Thanks.
Grace & peace to you.
-Joanna

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

What kind of problems are you having posting your photos? Do they starting uploading and get stuck?

I'm so glad to see you blogging! I know you write beautifully, and it will be good to be able to keep up with you even better.

Gapper Nest said...

Father, thank you for answered prayer in getting Joanna, her mom, and Mary Ann safely to Texas. Thank you for providing Mary Ann to help drive. Thank you for comforting Joanna and for increasing her faith. We continue to pray that she would be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and petition that she would continue presenting her requests to you. Please grant faith to believe the promise attached to this, that You, the God of peace, would guard her heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Father, we pray for your mighty hand to touch Joanna and heal her in the coming weeks. Please help Joanna to redeem the time during her stay in Texas. Lord, we especially pray for Joanna's mom. Please give her divine strength, please take away fear, please minister to her heart and give her divine wisdom. Amen.