Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Satisfied

Psalm 63 is one of my favorite passages in the whole Bible. I read it often and continue to pray that God will make my heart more like David's.

Today when I read this passage once again, the Lord directed my attention especially to the concept in verse 5.

"(v.3) Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you... (v.5) My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you."

David's soul was satisfied in the love of God, "as with the richest of foods".

To me this presents a picture of someone so "stuffed" from a good meal that they couldn't possibly eat another bite. They are so full that they don't want or need anything more.

Am I that way with God?
Am I so full of His love for me that there's not even a single empty crevice inside me?
Am I truly satisfied in Him so there's nothing left in me crying for somethig else to satisfy me?

Honestly, this seems impossible to me. But Jesus said, "With God all things are possible." (Matt.19:26)

So...
I don't have to be healthy...to be satisfied in my soul.
I don't have to be married...to be satisfied in my soul.
I don't have to be productive...to be satisfied in my soul.
and on and on...

My soul can be satisfied - completely full and overflowing - in the love of my God.

Oh Lord, make it so.
Amen.

1 comment:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sweetie,
What a great post and what a great attitude, and how true it really is,
but sometimes it doesn't seem like it, but like you said God can sure make it so!
Hope you are feeling better all the time, we are praying for you daily hon.
Good to see you posting.
Love ya, Nellie