Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Don't Forget To Remember (No Olvides Recordar)

Last week I spent time reading back through some things I wrote several years ago. Many of them brought tears to my eyes, as I remembered the difficult circumstances I experienced and God's gifts of encouragement and grace to me in those moments. I'm so thankful I took the time to write them down.

This life goes by so quickly. We seem to run from one activity, celebration or crisis to the next. God is always there - speaking, encouraging, loving, carrying us. But I think we have to be intentional about taking time to be still, to listen, to be fully present with Jesus.

And for me, taking the time to write down what God is doing in my life is important. I can forget too easily all the wonderful ways God has worked in my life or the sweet words He's whispered to my heart. But when I write them down, they are always there for me to come back to and appreciate again. Sometimes when I'm weary or struggling, I find exactly what I need in something I wrote years ago. Remembering God's past faithfulness and goodness to me strengthens my faith for today.

After David brought the ark back to Jerusalem, he gave Asaph a special psalm of thanks to be used in worship. In that psalm David encouraged Israel not to forget who God is and all He had done. He said,

Look to the LORD and His strength; seek His face always. Remember the wonders He has done, His miracles, and the judgements He has pronounced...He remembers His covenant forever...Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel (1 Chron. 16:11-12, 15, 36).

God remembers His promises to us. He remembers our tears and our prayers. Let's not forget to remember who He is and what wonderful things He has done for us!


What is one awesome thing God did for you in the last year? Please share with us in the comments. =)


No Olvides Recordar

La semana pasada pasé tiempo volviendo a leer algunas cosas que escribí hace varios años. Muchas de ellas hicieron brotar lágrimas de mis ojos, recordando las difíciles circunstancias que experimenté y los regalos de ánimo y gracia que Dios me dio en esos momentos. Estoy muy agradecida por haber tomado el tiempo para escribirlas.

Esta vida pasa muy rápidamente. Parece que corremos de una actividad, celebración o crisis a otra. Dios siempre está allí – hablando, animando, amando, llevándonos. Pero creo que debemos tener la intención de tomar el tiempo para estar quietos, escuchar, estar totalmente presentes con Jesús.

Y para mí, tomar el tiempo para escribir lo que Dios está haciendo en mi vida es importante. Puedo olvidar muy fácilmente todas las formas maravillosas en las que Dios ha trabajado en mi vida o las dulces palabras que Él ha susurrado a mi corazón. Pero cuando las escribo, están siempre allí para volver a ellas y apreciarlas de nuevo. A veces, cuando estoy débil o luchando, encuentro exactamente lo que necesito en algo que escribí hace años. Recordar la fidelidad y bondad de Dios para conmigo en el pasado fortalece mi fe para hoy.

Después que David llevó el arca de regreso a Jerusalén le dio a Asaf un salmo especial de gracias para ser usado en la adoración. En ese salmo David animaba a Israel a no olvidar quien es Dios y todo lo que ha hecho. Dijo:

¡Refúgiense en el Señor y en su fuerza, busquen siempre su presencia! ¡Recuerden las maravillas que ha realizado, los prodigios y los juicios que ha emitido! Él se acuerda siempre de su pacto, de la palabra que dio a mil generaciones; ¡Bendito sea el Señor, Dios de Israel, desde siempre y para siempre! (1 Cr. 16:11-12, 15, 36).

Dios recuerda Sus promesas a nosotros. Recuerda nuestras lágrimas y nuestras oraciones. No olvidemos recordar quien Él es y ¡las cosas maravillosas que ha hecho por nosotros!


¿Cuál es una cosa maravillosa que Dios hizo por ti el año pasado? Por favor, comparte con nosotros en los comentarios. =)

No comments: