Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

My Father's World (El Mundo de mi Padre)

With all the bad news in the world today, it can be easy to get discouraged. Recently the Lord reminded me of a song I used to sing growing up.

When I looked it up, I discovered it was originally written as a poem by a pastor. After his unexpected death, his wife collected his writings and published them. Later this poem was put to music and became a well-known hymn.

This song is a good reminder of who is still in control of this world. And it encourages me that we can't even imagine what amazing things God can do with our "small" offerings...that a simple poem of praise can become a hymn that blesses millions. I pray it'll remind you today of who your Father is and renew your joy in Him.


This Is My Father's World

This is my Father’s world, and to my listening ears

All nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.

This is my Father’s world: I rest me in the thought

Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;

His hand the wonders wrought.

This is my Father’s world, the birds their carols raise,

The morning light, the lily white, declare their Maker’s praise.

This is my Father’s world: He shines in all that’s fair;

In the rustling grass I hear Him pass;

He speaks to me everywhere.

This is my Father’s world. O let me ne’er forget

That though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the ruler yet.

This is my Father’s world: the battle is not done:

Jesus Who died shall be satisfied,

And earth and Heav’n be one.

This is my Father’s world, dreaming, I see His face.

I open my eyes, and in glad surprise cry, “The Lord is in this place.”

This is my Father’s world, from the shining courts above,

The Beloved One, His Only Son,

Came—a pledge of deathless love.

This is my Father’s world, should my heart be ever sad?

The Lord is King—let the heavens ring. God reigns—let the earth be glad.

This is my Father’s world. Now closer to Heaven bound,

For dear to God is the earth Christ trod.

No place but is holy ground.

This is my Father’s world. I walk a desert lone.

In a bush ablaze to my wondering gaze God makes His glory known.

This is my Father’s world, a wanderer I may roam

Whate’er my lot, it matters not,

My heart is still at home.

by Maltbie D. Babcock
You can read his bio here - http://cyberhymnal.org/bio/b/a/b/babcock_md.htm


El Mundo de mi Padre

Con todas las malas noticias en el mundo hoy en día, puede ser fácil desanimarse. Hace poco el Señor me recordó una canción que acostumbraba cantar cuando pequeña.

Cuando averigüé descubrí que originalmente fue escrita como poema por un pastor. Después de su muerte inesperada, su esposa recogió sus escritos y los publicó. Después le pusieron música a ese poema y se convirtió en un himno famoso.

Esta canción es un buen recordatorio de quién está todavía en control de este mundo. Y me anima que no podemos siquiera imaginar las cosas maravillosas que Dios puede hacer con nuestras “pequeñas” ofrendas… que un sencillo poema de alabanza pueda convertirse en un himno que bendice a millones. Oro que te recuerde hoy de quién tu Padre es y renueve tu gozo en Él.

Éste es el Mundo de mi Padre

Este es el mundo de mi Padre y toda la naturaleza
canta a mis oídos atentos y a mi alrededor suena la música de las esferas.
Este es el mundo de mi Padre: descanso en el pensamiento
de rocas y árboles, de cielos y mares;
Su mano forjó las maravillas.

Éste es el mundo de mi Padre, los pájaros elevan sus alegres canciones,
la luz de la mañana, el lirio blanco, declaran sus alabanzas a su Hacedor.
Éste es el mundo de mi Padre: Él brilla en todo lo que es justo;
Lo escucho pasar en la susurrante hierba;
me habla en todas partes.

Éste es el mundo de mi Padre. O nunca me dejes olvidar
que aunque la maldad a menudo parece tan fuerte, todavía Dios es el gobernante.
Éste es el mundo de mi Padre: la batalla no está concluida:
Jesús, quien murió, será satisfecho,
y tierra y Cielo serán uno.

Éste es el mundo de mi Padre, soñando, veo Su rostro.
Abro mis ojos y en alegre sorpresa exclamo: “El Señor está en este lugar.”
Éste es el mundo de mi Padre, desde las brillantes cortes arriba,
El Amado, Su Único Hijo,
vino- un compromiso de imperecedero amor.

Éste es el mundo de mi Padre, ¿debería estar triste mi corazón alguna vez?
El señor es Rey – dejen que suenen los cielos. Dios reina – dejen que la tierra esté contenta.
Éste es el mundo de mi Padre. Ahora ligado más cercanamente al Cielo,
porque la tierra que Cristo pisó es querida para Dios.
Ningún otro lugar es tierra santa.

Éste es el mundo de mi Padre. Camino un desierto solitario.
En un arbusto ardiente ante mi asombrada mirada Dios hace conocida Su gloria.
Éste es el mundo de mi Padre, como vagabundo puedo deambular
cualquiera que sea mi suerte, no tiene importancia,
mi corazón todavía está en casa.

por Maltbie D. Babcock

No comments: