Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lead Me

I realized this week that many times I feel "driven" to do something, like there's this pressure to do it now, no excuses - to take action, to accomplish a task, to complete a project.... But with my limited energy, there are a lot of things that I have to leave undone.

As I was praying about this, I believe God showed me that when I'm feeling "driven" to do something - that's probably coming from my flesh (sinful nature) or from the world's pressure. But when I'm feeling "led" to do something - that comes from God's Spirit and from my Shepherd.

I think this explains why I can do the very same task and sometimes feel stressed out about it, while other times I feel at peace and empowered to do it.

I don't want to be someone who is "driven" by my own voice or the noise of the world. Instead I want to listen to the Shepherd's voice and follow where He leads, knowing He will always enable me to do what He leads me to do.

I guess these days of limited energy are my "practice" time, learning how to listen and follow His leading in so many little ways. I pray I'll be ready for the day He leads me out of this little pasture into the broad fields beyond.


Lord, teach me to listen and follow. Lead me, faithful Shepherd.


"The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of His sheep...the sheep listen to His voice. He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out. When He has brought out all His own, He goes on ahead of them, and His sheep follow Him because they know His voice." -John 10:2-4

No comments: