Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Still Sovereign (Todavía Soberano)

I like to color. It's fun and relaxing for me, especially since I have a horse coloring book. :) Last week I wanted to color the horse a sorrel color, which basically looks like red on a real horse. But color pencils don't come in 'sorrel red' - only apple red or orange/red. That definitely doesn't look right on a horse. But by the time I realized that, it was too late. I had already colored half the horse orange/red. So then I thought if I colored over the red with a light brown it would look more like sorrel color. Nope. It looked even worse. So guess what I did next? I colored over the red and brown with black. Yep. What else could I do? The funny thing is, it turned out pretty neat. The reddish-brown undertones showed through the black and gave it more depth and texture.

I tell you all this because it reminds me of life. We often have a picture in our heads of how a certain event or season will go. We think we know what to do and everything will be great. Then something goes awry. Things don't happen as we expected. Life doesn't turn out the way we pictured it.

But guess what. That's ok. We are not in control. And as hard as that is to accept sometimes, it's actually a relief when we finally stop trying to control everything and learn to trust in this - God is still sovereign.

He is sovereign over other people's wrong choices.
He is sovereign over our forgetfulness, mistakes, and sin.
He is sovereign over spiritual attacks and wicked men.
He is sovereign over all His creation. (Psalm 103)

I can't adequately explain it. I don't fully understand it. But I am so thankful it is true!

“In him we were also chosen...according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,” -Ephesians‬ ‭1:11‬

God works out everything for the purpose of His will.

This amazes me! It gives me comfort. It encourages me that even when things aren't going right, when the picture doesn't look like I planned, I can trust God. I can know that some day I'll be able to look back and see how God covered it all with His grace and His sovereignty to make it into a beautiful picture only He could color. :)


Todavía Soberano

Me gusta colorear. Es divertido y relajante para mí, especialmente desde que tengo un libro de caballos para colorear. :) La semana pasada quería colorear el caballo alazán, que básicamente parece rojo en un caballo real. Pero los lápices de colores no vienen en “rojo alazán” – solamente rojo manzana o rojo/naranja. Ése definitivamente no se ve bien en un caballo. Pero para cuando me di cuenta, era demasiado tarde. Ya había coloreado la mitad del caballo rojo/naranja. Entonces pensé que si encima del rojo coloreaba con un marrón claro parecería más como un alazán. No. Se veía aún peor. Entonces ¿adivinan lo que hice en seguida? Coloreé con negro encima del rojo y el marrón. Sí. ¿Qué más podía hacer? Lo chistoso es que resultó fantástico. El trasfondo rojizo-marrón se alcanzaba a notar a través del negro y le dio más profundidad y textura.

Les cuento todo esto porque me recuerda la vida. Con frecuencia tenemos en nuestra cabeza un dibujo de cómo sucederá un evento o una estación. Creemos que sabemos qué hacer y que todo será grandioso. Luego, algo sale mal. Las cosas no suceden como esperábamos. La vida no resulta como nos la habíamos imaginado.

Pero adivinen qué. Está bien. Nosotros no estamos en control. Y tan difícil como a veces nos resulta aceptarlo, es realmente un alivio cuando finalmente dejamos de tratar de controlar todo y aprendemos a confiar en esto – Dios todavía es soberano.

Él es soberano sobre las decisiones equivocadas de otras personas.
Él es soberano sobre nuestro olvido, errores y pecado.
Él es soberano sobre ataques espirituales y hombres malvados.
Él es soberano sobre toda Su creación. (Salmo 103)

No puedo explicarlo adecuadamente. No lo entiendo completamente. ¡Pero estoy tan agradecida porque es verdad!

“En Cristo también fuimos hechos herederos…  según el plan de aquel que hace todas las cosas conforme al designio de su voluntad,” –Ef. 1:11

Dios hace todo para el designio de Su voluntad.

¡Esto me asombra! Me da alivio. Me anima incluso cuando las cosas no están marchando bien, cuando el dibujo no se ve como lo planeé, puedo confiar en Dios. Puedo saber que algún día podré mirar atrás y ver cómo Dios cubrió todo con Su gracia y Su soberanía para convertirlo en un hermoso cuadro que sólo Él podía colorear. :)

No comments: