Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Joyful God (Gozoso Dios)


I just started reading a book called "Jesus, Man of Joy" by Sherwood Eliot Wirt. So far I'm really enjoying it. 

One thing he says, that I'd never really considered, is that Joy is an attribute of God. 

I know God tells us in Scripture to be joyful, and we know that joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. But I'd never put that together with the fact that God is Joyful! 

When we think about God's other attributes, we begin to see that:
- God has been full of joy for all eternity past. 
- God's joy has no limit.
- God's joy is not just an "emotion" but quality of His very being.
- All joy comes from God...because the origin of joy is in His own heart! 

What do you think? Does this picture of God seem a little strange to you?

I admit, it's bending my brain just a bit. Yet I believe that it's true. And I think that the more I can grasp this reality, the more I will love and appreciate and enjoy - my Joyful God! 


Gozoso Dios

Acabo de empezar a leer un libro llamado “Jesús, Hombre de Gozo” por Sherwood Eliot Wirt. Lo que he leído hasta ahora me ha gustado mucho.

Algo que dice, que yo nunca había considerado en realidad, es que el Gozo es un atributo de Dios.

Sé que Dios nos dice en la Escritura que seamos gozosos, y sabemos que el gozo es un fruto del Espíritu Santo. Pero yo nunca lo asocié con el hecho de que ¡Dios es Gozoso!

Cuando pensamos en los otros atributos de Dios, comenzamos a ver que:
- Dios ha estado lleno de gozo por toda la eternidad pasada.
- El gozo de Dios no tiene límite.
- El gozo de Dios no es simplemente una “emoción” sino una cualidad de Su propio ser.
- Todo gozo viene de Dios. . . porque el origen del gozo ¡está en Su corazón mismo!

¿Qué piensas? ¿Este retrato de Dios te parece un poquito extraño?

Lo admito, está doblando mi cerebro apenas un poco. Sin embargo creo que es cierto. Y pienso que entre más pueda entender esta realidad, más amaré, apreciaré y disfrutaré -¡a mi gozoso Dios!

No comments: