Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Childlike Faith (Fe como de niño)


Today I want to post something that I wrote several years ago but never used. It's been sitting in a file with other writings that have yet to meet the world. When I came across it again last week, I thought this would be a good time to share it. Enjoy! =)


Marina's Song 

Remember the old saying, ‘out of the mouths of babes’? My niece, Marina, is only three years old, but she’s constantly doing or saying things that make me laugh. She also has already accepted Jesus as her Savior and is not ashamed to tell people about Him.

One day my sister took the kids to a fast-food restaurant in LA after a trip to the airport. In the middle of munching on her chicken stars, Marina said, “Mommy, I feel like singing.” 

My sister replied, “Go ahead.” So Marina promptly stood up on her chair and started singing “Jesus Loves Me” at the top of her lungs! Everyone in the restaurant turned and looked at her, but Marina didn’t even notice. She was happy and wanted to sing about Jesus! 

I laughed when I heard this story. But I was also amazed at the beauty of Marina’s faith and love. It’s no wonder Jesus said we must become like little children. Imagine the difference it would make if we shared Christ with such joy and fearlessness! 

I think the world needs more Christians like Marina. It needs to see childlike faith and love for Jesus that just can’t be held inside! 

May the Lord make us more like that.  



Fe como de niño

Hoy quiero publicar algo que escribí hace varios años pero nunca usé. Ha estado guardado en un archivo con otros escritos que todavía no han salido a la luz. Cuando lo encontré la semana pasada pensé que este sería un buen momento para compartirlo. ¡Disfrútalo! =)


La canción de Marina

¿Recuerdas el antiguo proverbio: ‘de la boca de los niños’? Mi sobrina Marina tiene apenas tres años, pero continuamente está haciendo o diciendo cosas que me hacen reír. También, ya aceptó a Jesús como su Salvador y no se siente apenada de hablarle de Él a la gente.

Un día mi hermana llevó a los niños a un restaurante de comidas rápidas en Los Ángeles después de un viaje al aeropuerto. En medio de un bocado de sus estrellas de pollo, Marina dijo: “Mami, siento deseos de cantar.”

Mi hermana respondió: “Adelante”. Entonces, rápidamente Marina se paró sobre su silla y empezó a cantar “Jesús me ama” ¡a todo pulmón! Todos en el restaurante voltearon a mirarla, pero Marina ni siquiera se dio cuenta. Ella estaba feliz ¡y quería cantar acerca de Jesús!

Me reí cuando escuché esta historia. Pero también me asombró la belleza de la fe y el amor de Marina. No debe sorprendernos que Jesús dijera que debemos ser como niños pequeños. ¡Imagina la diferencia que haría el que compartiéramos a Cristo con tal gozo y audacia!

Creo que el mundo necesita más cristianos como Marina. Necesita ver fe como de niño ¡un amor por Jesús que simplemente no se puede contener!

Que el Señor nos haga más por el estilo.

No comments: