Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tongue That Heals (Lengua Que Sana)


I bit my tongue last week. And it hurt. 

It hurt when I ate. It hurt when I drank. It hurt when I brushed my teeth.

For the next 48 hours I was very aware of my tongue and everything I did with it. It's strange how such a tiny part of the body can suddenly feel very important and necessary!

Thankfully, it did heal and I went back to "normal" life again. 

But it made me think. God created my tongue with the ability to heal...not just to heal itself when I accidentally bite it, but also to heal others. 

"The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit." -Proverbs 15:4

"Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." -Proverbs 12:18

I confess that too often my tongue is not an instrument of healing. But I do desire for it to be one. I want the words I speak to be wise, life-giving, and healing to others. 


Lord, please keep making this change in me. Make me more aware of my tongue. Use it as an instrument in your hands to bring healing to others. Amen.


Lengua Que Sana

Me mordí la lengua la semana pasada. Y dolía.

Dolía cuando comía. Dolía al tomar algo. Dolía cuando me cepillaba los dientes.

Durante las siguientes 48 horas estuve muy pendiente de mi lengua y todo lo que hacía con ella. Es extraño como una parte tan pequeña del cuerpo ¡de pronto pueda sentirse tan importante y necesaria!

Gracias a Dios, se curó y regresé a la vida “normal”.

Pero eso me hizo pensar. Dios creó mi lengua con la habilidad de sanar… no solamente sanarse a sí misma cuando accidentalmente me la muerdo, sino también para sanar a otros.

"La lengua que brinda consuelo es árbol de vida; la lengua insidiosa deprime el espíritu." -Proverbios 15:4

"El charlatán hiere con la lengua como con una espada, pero la lengua del sabio brinda alivio." -Proverbios 12:18

Confieso que con demasiada frecuencia mi lengua no es instrumento de sanidad. Pero sí deseo que lo sea. Quiero que las palabras que hablo sean sabias, dadoras de vida y de sanidad para otros.


Señor, por favor, sigue haciendo este cambio en mí. Hazme más consciente de mi lengua. Úsala como instrumento en tus manos para traer sanidad a otros. Amén


No comments: