Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

So Thankful (Muy Agradecida)


The LORD will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins; 
He will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the LORD. 
Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing.
-Isaiah 51:3

I've always had much to be thankful for in my life -
- a loving family, 
- my basic needs met, 
- fantastic friends, 
- knowing God personally,
- great adventures,
- a sense of humor
...on and on. 

But I think this year I have experienced a new kind of thankfulness. The kind that comes from having lived in the "wasteland" and then watching God transform it into a beautiful garden! 

I spent many years fighting illness, discouragement, doubts, fears, frustration, and despair. In those moments thanksgiving was a painful choice, an act of obedience, a step of faith. 

But in God's perfect timing, He is restoring these "ruins" and bringing beauty from the barren years. Now thanksgiving and joyful songs overflow whenever I think about all He has done for me! 

Without the barrenness of the desert, I don't think I would appreciate so deeply the sweetness of the "garden of the LORD."

Praise God for His compassion and grace! 

I'm very thankful for all the good things God has blessed me with throughout my life. 
I'm also thankful for the journey of suffering He took me through. 
And I'm so thankful for a sweeter, closer relationship with Him. 
Most of all I'm thankful that the LORD is my God, and that He is who He says He is! 

Happy Thanksgiving!


Muy Agradecida

Ciertamente consolará Jehová a Sion; consolará todas sus soledades, y cambiará su desierto en paraíso, y su soledad en huerto de Jehová; se hallará en ella alegría y gozo, alabanza y voces de canto.
- Isaías 51:3
Siempre he tenido mucho en mi vida por qué estar agradecida:
- una familia amorosa,
- mis necesidades básicas satisfechas,
- amigos fantásticos,
- conocer a Dios personalmente,
- grandes aventuras,
- sentido del humor
… y sigue

Pero creo que este año he experimentado una nueva clase de agradecimiento. El que viene de haber vivido en el “desierto” y luego ¡viendo a Dios transformarlo en un hermoso jardín!

Pasé muchos años combatiendo enfermedad, desánimo, dudas, temores, frustración y desespero. En esos momentos el agradecimiento fue una decisión dolorosa, un acto de obediencia, un paso de fe.
Pero en el tiempo perfecto de Dios, Él está restaurando estas “ruinas” y trayendo belleza de los años desiertos. Ahora fluyen canciones de agradecimiento y gozo en cualquier momento en que recuerdo ¡todo lo que Él ha hecho por mí!

Sin la aridez del desierto, creo que no apreciaría tan profundamente la dulzura del “jardín del SEÑOR.”

¡Alabado sea Dios por Su compasión y gracia!

Estoy muy agradecida por todas las cosas buenas con que Dios me ha bendecido a lo largo de mi vida.
También estoy agradecida por el viaje de sufrimiento a través del que me llevó.
Y estoy muy agradecida por una relación más dulce, más cercana con Él.
Más que nada estoy agradecida porque el Señor es mi Dios, y Porque ¡Él es quien dice ser!

¡Feliz Día De Acción De Gracias!

No comments: