Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Fearless New Year (Intrépido Año Nuevo)


Last month I read an amazing book called "Undaunted: Daring to do what God calls you to do" by Christine Caine.

Using dramatic stories from her own life, Christine challenges readers to discover who God says we are and to step forward boldly to light the darkness around us.

I was inspired by Christine's words and her personal testimonies of God's power and faithfulness. And I believe her message is the theme God wants me to focus on for this coming year. 

I want 2013 to be a year of undaunted, fearless living! 

No one knows what's going to happen this year, though there are many negative predictions. But as Christ followers, we have this assurance:

Regardless of economies, governments, suffering or any other problem - we always have everything we need in order to do what God has called us to do.

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. -2 Cor. 9:8

Fears may arise, uncertainties and difficulties may come...but let us never forget the power of God's grace! 

Whatever happens this year, I pray that God will work in me an undaunted determination to follow wherever He leads. 

I want to live fearlessly, and I want to celebrate joyfully as He uses me, weak and frail though I am, to accomplish impossible things for His glory!

Will you join me?

I sought the LORD, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. -Psalm 34:4-5


Intrépido Año Nuevo

El mes pasado leí un libro maravilloso llamado “Intrépido: Atreviéndose a hacer lo que Dios te llama a hacer" por Christine Caine.

Usando dramáticas historias de su propia vida, Christine desafía a los lectores a descubrir quien dice Dios que somos y dar un paso al frente con valentía para iluminar la oscuridad que nos rodea.

Las palabras y testimonios personales del poder y la fidelidad de Dios que presenta Christine me inspiraron. Y creo que su mensaje es el tema en el que Dios quiere que me enfoque en el año que viene.

¡Quiero que el 2013 sea un año de un vivir intrépido, audazmente!

Nadie sabe qué va a pasar este año, aunque hay muchas predicciones negativas. Pero como seguidores de Cristo, tenemos esta garantía:

A pesar de problemas de economía, gobiernos, sufrimiento o cualquier otro – siempre tenemos todo lo que necesitamos para hacer lo que Dios nos ha llamado a hacer.

Y poderoso es Dios para hacer que abunde en vosotros toda gracia,  a fin de que,  teniendo siempre en todas las cosas todo lo suficiente,  abundéis para toda buena obra. -2 Co. 9:8

Pueden surgir temores, venir incertidumbres y dificultades… pero ¡nunca olvidemos el poder de la gracia de Dios!

Pase lo que pase este año, oro que Dios obre en mí una intrépida determinación para seguirle donde sea que Él guíe.

Quiero vivir sin temor y quiero celebrar gozosamente el que me use, débil y frágil como soy, para alcanzar cosas imposibles ¡para Su gloria!

¿Te unirás a mí?

Busqué a Jehová,  y él me oyó, Y me libró de todos mis temores. Los que miraron a él fueron alumbrados, Y sus rostros no fueron avergonzados. –Sal. 34:4-5

No comments: