Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Beautiful Puzzle (Hermoso Rompecabezas)


My mom and I enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles together. Last week we did something a little different. She dumped a 500 piece puzzle on the table, but she left the picture in the other room. So I said, "I won't look at the picture this time. Just give me a general description of what it looks like."

She told me the puzzle was a painting of a street with shops on both sides, and there was a man walking a dog and a bell tower. 

With that limited description, I started working on the puzzle. And let me tell you, it was challenging! 

I sorted the pieces the best I could and began on what I assumed were pieces of the street. Normally I fly right through a 500 piece puzzle, but not this time. It was a little frustrating, but I kept plodding on, one piece at a time.

After a while I took a break. Then God began to show me something. 

My life is a lot like that puzzle. 

God has given me a general description of the whole picture. I know He has good plans for my life. I know He works all things for my good. He's also given me some specific promises, little glimpses of what the picture will be. But I can't see all the details yet. 

I realized that doing that puzzle without the picture required faith on my part, as well as perseverance. I believed there was a beautiful picture in that puzzle and that if I kept putting one piece with another, eventually I would see the picture. 

It's the same for us. We don't know yet what the full painting of our lives will look like. But we trust the master Painter that it will be beautiful. And by faith we keep putting one piece together at a time. We do the next thing God puts before us. We take one more step forward with Him. 

When the pieces finally came together for the man and the dog, I was happily surprised! I knew they existed in the puzzle, but I had no idea where they would show up, how big they would be, what kind of dog it was, etc. It felt wonderful to finally see them materialize before me. 

In a similar way, I think God often fulfills His promises to us in ways we never expected. We don't know where the answer will come from or what it will look like. But when God puts together more of the pieces, I know I'm always amazed at the beauty I see! 

I'm thankful my God is the Artist, and that He has designed the painting of my life. I pray by His grace that I will continue to put the pieces together with faith and perseverance, until the day I see the whole beautiful puzzle.

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him. -1 Corinthians 2:9


Hermoso Rompecabezas

Mi mamá y yo disfrutamos armando rompecabezas juntas. La semana pasada hicimos algo un poquito diferente. Ella arrojó sobre la mesa uno de 500 piezas, pero dejó el cuadro en el otro cuarto. Así que dije: “Esta vez no miraré el cuadro. Sencillamente dame una descripción general de cómo es.”

Me contó que el rompecabezas era la ilustración de una calle con tiendas a ambos lados, había un hombre caminando con un perro y la torre de una campana.

Con esa limitada descripción, comencé a trabajar. Y déjenme contarles, ¡fue un reto!

Clasifiqué las piezas lo mejor que pude y comencé con lo que pensé que eran las de la calle. Normalmente vuelo a través de un rompecabezas de 500 piezas, pero no esta vez. Fue un poquito frustrante, pero seguí perseverando, una pieza a la vez.

Después de un rato tomé un descanso. Luego Dios comenzó a mostrarme algo.

Mi vida se parece mucho a ese rompecabezas.

Dios me ha dado una descripción general de todo el cuadro. Sé que tiene buenos planes para mi vida. Sé que Él obra todas las cosas para mi bien. También me ha dado promesas específicas, pequeños vistazos de lo que será el cuadro completo. Pero todavía no puedo ver todos los detalles.

Me di cuenta que armar ese rompecabezas sin el cuadro requería fe de mi parte, al igual que perseverancia. Yo creía que había un cuadro hermoso en ese rompecabezas y que si seguía juntando piezas, finalmente vería lo vería.

Es igual para nosotros. No sabemos cómo será la pintura completa de nuestras vidas. Pero porque confiamos en el Pintor maestro, será hermosa. Y por fe seguimos juntando una pieza a la vez. Hacemos la siguiente cosa que Dios pone delante de nosotros. Avanzamos un paso con Él.

Cuando finalmente todas las piezas del hombre y el perro estuvieron juntas, ¡me sorprendí felizmente! Yo sabía que existían en el rompecabezas, pero no tenía idea donde iban a aparecer, que tan grande serían, que clase de perro sería, etc. Fue maravilloso verlos finalmente materializarse delante de mí.

De manera similar creo que, con frecuencia, Dios cumple Sus promesas en maneras que nunca esperamos. No sabemos de dónde vendrá la respuesta o cuál será la apariencia. Pero cuando Dios agrega más piezas sé que ¡siempre me maravillo de la belleza que veo!

Estoy agradecida porque Dios es el Artista y que Él ha diseñado el cuadro de mi vida. Oro que por Su gracia continuaré agregando piezas con fe y perseverancia, hasta el día que vea el hermoso rompecabezas completo.

Ningún ojo ha visto, ningún oído ha escuchado, ninguna mente humana ha concebido lo que Dios ha preparado para quienes lo aman. -1Co. 2:9

No comments: