Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"Who Do You Say I Am?" - Part 2 (“¿Tú Quien Dices Que Soy Yo?” – Parte 2)

A few weeks ago we looked at Jesus' question to His disciples, "Who do you say I am?

How we answer this question reveals what we believe about Jesus. He wants us to believe the truth about Him and know Him better and better.  

But I think Jesus also wants us to ask Him this same question - "Who do you say I am?"

We are constantly bombarded by messages from the world, from people around us, and from our own hearts about who we are. But no matter how true those messages may feel, Jesus is the only one with the authority to tell me who I am. He created me and He has saved me. I belong to Him. 

So, with a little trembling, I've been asking Him, "Jesus, who do you say I am?" 

His voice speaks through His Word, telling me, Joanna - 
"You are chosen (Eph. 1:4, 11).
 You are forgiven (Eph. 1:7, Col. 2:13).
 You are my beloved, in whom I delight (Zeph. 3:17).
 You are blessed (Eph. 1:3).
 You are a simple clay jar, but you are filled with my all-surpassing power (2 Cor. 4:7)!
 You are my hands, feet, and voice on the earth (2 Cor. 5:20).
 You are beautiful in my sight, fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14). 
 You are complete in ME (Col. 2:10)!

There's much more in God's Word about who He says I am. But even just this short list brings me to tears. 

Oh Lord Jesus, give us ears to hear and hearts to believe who YOU say we are! Thank you.
Amen.


Question: What have you learned about who God says you are?


“¿Tú Quien Dices Que Soy Yo?” – Parte 2

Hace unas semanas consideramos la pregunta de Jesús a sus discípulos, “¿Ustedes, quién dicen que soy yo?

Cómo respondamos a esta pregunta revela lo que creemos de Jesús. Él quiere que creamos la verdad acerca de él y conocerlo cada vez mejor.

Pero creo que Jesús también quiere que le hagamos esta misma pregunta –“¿Tú quién dices que soy yo?”

Somos bombardeados constantemente por mensajes del mundo, de la gente a nuestro derredor y de nuestro propio corazón, sobre quienes somos. Pero sin importar qué tan ciertos parezcan esos mensajes, Jesús es el único con la autoridad de decirme quien soy. Él me creó y me salvó. Le pertenezco.

Así que, con un poquito de temblor, le he estado preguntando: “¿Tú quién dices que soy yo?”

Su voz habla a través de Su Palabra diciéndome, Joanna –
“Eres escogida (Ef. 1: 4, 11).
Eres perdonada (Ef. 1:7, Col. 2;13).
Eres mi amada, en quien me regocijo (Sof. 3:17).
Eres bendita (Ef. 1:3).
Eres una sencilla vasija de barro, pero ¡estás llena con la excelencia de mi poder (2 Co. 4:7)!
Eres mis manos, pies y voz en la tierra (2 Co. 5:20).
Eres hermosa a mi vista, hecha formidable y maravillosamente (Sal. 139:14).
Eres ¡completa en MÍ (Col. 2:10)!

Hay mucho más en la Palabra de Dios acerca de quien Él dice que soy yo. Pero hasta esta pequeña lista me hace llorar.

Oh, Señor Jesús, ¡danos oídos para escuchar y corazones para creer quienes dices TÚ que somos nosotros! Gracias.
Amén


Pregunta: ¿Qué has aprendido acerca de quién dice Dios que tú eres?

2 comments:

Janel said...

It's an odd one I know, but I love the verse that says that He knows we are but dust. He doesn't expect me to be perfect. He knows I'll still make mistakes. For that matter, He knows I'll still willfully mess up sometimes. He's not "up there" frowning down at every misstep I take. He knows that I am weak and frail. He knows that I am but dust - and He loves me anyway.

Joanna K. Harris said...

Yes, so true! I often think of that verse as well and praise God that He loves me anyway! =) He is SO incredibly kind to us!
Thanks for sharing. =)