Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

On The Waters (Sobre las Aguas)

Last month I was blessed to attend the Global Media Summit in TX. It was an incredible experience! I loved meeting Christians passionate about using media for the gospel. There was a lot of practical information shared that was so helpful. But the main themes were about staying close to our heavenly Father and about the vital role of prayer. I left the Summit inspired, encouraged and challenged. Yet looking at the path ahead, I feel in need of much greater faith!

One of the songs we sang during the worship time was called "Oceans." It's been around for a while, but this was the perfect timing for me to really receive the message of the song. When God calls us out on the waters, where much more faith is required, all we need is to keep our eyes on Jesus and to rest in His love and grace.

In His kindness, God gave me a visual illustration of this only days after I left TX.

I was at the beach enjoying some fresh ocean air, when I saw something unusual. I don't know what it's called, but a man had a huge kite/sail thing attached to him with a cable of some kind. And he stood on a board (sort of like a snowboard). When the wind caught in the sail, he went skimming over the waves, way out on the water. Then he would change directions and come zipping back in toward the shore. Clearly it wasn't an easy thing to do. It obviously required physical strength, balance, skill, practice and courage. But I could tell the man was having a blast! And it was truly amazing to watch!

God showed me through that a picture of what life can be like with Him. With our feet planted on the Word of God, staying connected to the Father, and the wind of the Spirit lifting us up, we can ride across the waves, no matter how rough they are. And while it's not easy, I believe there is great joy in following Jesus out onto the waters and watching HIM do the impossible in and through our lives!

I believe God is calling me to things SO much bigger than I ever expected or dreamed! I definitely need increased faith to keep stepping out on the waters. Most of all I need to keep my eyes fixed on HIM and my soul resting in His embrace.

Thank you for your prayers! I will pray the same for you.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2PNTq_-mZs

Oceans

You call me out upon the waters
the great unknown where feet may fail
and there I find you in the mystery
in oceans deep my faith will stand.

Chorus:
And I will call upon your name
and keep my eyes above the waves
when oceans rise
my soul will rest in your embrace
for I am yours and you are mine.

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand will be my guide
where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
you've never failed and you won't start now.

Chorus

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
let me walk upon the waters
wherever you would call me
take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
and my faith will be made stronger
in the presence of my Savior.

I will call upon your name
keep my eyes above the waves
my soul will rest in your embrace
I am yours and you are mine.

"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." -Psalm 9:10


Sobre las Aguas

El mes pasado fui bendecida asistiendo a la Cumbre Global de Medios en Texas. ¡Fue una experiencia increíble! Me encanta conocer cristianos que se apasionan por el uso de los medios para compartir el Evangelio. Compartieron mucha información práctica que fue muy útil. Pero los temas principales fueron sobre permanecer cerca a nuestro Padre celestial y sobre el papel vital de la oración. Salí de la Cumbre inspirada, animada y desafiada. Sin embargo, mirando al camino que hay por delante, ¡me siento en necesidad de fe mucho más grande!

Una de las canciones que cantamos durante el tiempo de alabanza se llamaba “Océanos.” Ha estado por ahí por un tiempo, pero este fue el momento perfecto para mí para recibir verdaderamente su mensaje. Cuando Dios nos llama fuera, a las aguas, donde mucha más fe se requiere, todo lo que necesitamos es mantener nuestros ojos en Jesús y descansar en Su amor y gracia.

En Su bondad, Dios me dio una ilustración visual de esto solamente unos días después que salí de Texas.

Estaba en la playa disfrutando del aire fresco del océano, cuando vi algo inusual. No sé cómo se llama, pero un hombre tenía una enorme cometa/vela unida a él por un cable de alguna clase. Y se paró sobre una tabla (algo parecido a una tabla para la nieve). Cuando el viento pegó contra la vela, él se fue deslizándose sobre las olas, lejos sobre el agua. Luego cambiaba la dirección y volvía zigzagueando hacia la orilla. Claramente no era algo fácil de hacer. Obviamente requería fortaleza física, equilibrio, habilidad, práctica y coraje. Pero podía ver que el hombre ¡se estaba divirtiendo grandemente! Y ¡fue verdaderamente increíble verlo!

Dios me mostró a través de ese cuadro cómo puede ser la vida con Él. Con nuestros pies plantados en la Palabra de Dios, permaneciendo conectados con el Padre y con el viento del Espíritu levantándonos, podemos cabalgar sobre las olas, sin importar lo bravas que sean. Y aunque no es fácil, creo que ¡hay gran gozo en seguir a Jesús sobre las aguas y verlo a ÉL hacer lo imposible en y a través de nuestras vidas!

Creo que Dios me está llamando a cosas ¡MUCHO más grandes de lo que nunca esperé o soñé! Definitivamente necesito una fe aumentada para seguir dando un paso fuera, a la aguas. Sobre todo, necesito mantener mis ojos fijos en ÉL y mi alma descansando en SU abrazo.

¡Gracias por sus oraciones! Yo también oraré por ustedes.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BJ0OA0nXPY

Océanos – (Donde mis pies pueden fallar)

Tu voz me llama a las aguas
donde mis pies pueden fallar
y ahí te encuentro en lo incierto
caminaré sobre el mar.

Coro:
A tu nombre clamaré
en ti mis ojos fijaré
en tempestad descansaré en tu poder
pues tuyo soy hasta el final.

Tu gracia abunda en la tormenta
tu mano oh Dios, me guiará
cuando hay temor en mi camino
tú eres fiel y no cambiarás.

Coro

Que tu Espíritu me guíe sin fronteras
más allá de las barreras
a donde tú me llames
tú me llevas más allá de lo soñado
donde puedo estar confiado
al estar en tu presencia.

“En ti confían los que conocen tu nombre, porque tú, Señor, jamás abandonas a los que te buscan.” –Salmo 9:10

No comments: