Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Satisfied (Satisfecha)



I've felt hungry almost all the time lately. Even when I eat a good meal, for some reason my body still doesn't feel quite full. Consequently, I'm continually looking for some food or snack that will satisfy. 

It makes me wonder, am I the same way spiritually? 

Am I unconsciously looking for things to fill me? Things that never quite seem to satisfy?

Or am I so satisfied in Jesus, that I consciously look for ways for God to overflow through me?


During high school Psalm 63 became one of my favorite Psalms. Then several years ago, the Lord gave me the words to a song that you'll probably never hear on the radio, but I sing it often to myself. I hope it encourages you.

May your heart be satisfied in God each day and your lips overflow with His praise! 


Satisfied

A long time ago, a simple shepherd boy 
became a mighty king
And though he had it all, 
he knew that life was found in one simple thing.

His heart was satisfied in God alone.
Yet he hungered still, more to know.
He yearned to know and love and worship God
To be satisfied in Him alone.

He sang this prayer to God:
   “Your love is better than life.
   My heart is satisfied. 
   Your praise is on my lips,
   For you are my King.
   (repeat)
   And to you I cling.”


So many times in life 
I try to find my joy in earthly things.
But Jesus reaches out
And to the Father brings.

My heart is satisfied in God alone.
Yet I hunger still, more to know.
I yearn to know and love and worship God,
To be satisfied in Him alone.

So I sing this prayer to God:
   “Your love is better than life.
   My heart is satisfied. 
   Your praise is on my lips,
   For you are my King.
   (repeat)
   And to you I cling.”


"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."
-Psalm 90:14


Satisfecha

Últimamente he sentido mucha hambre casi todo el tiempo. Incluso después de comer una buena comida, por alguna razón mi cuerpo no se siente muy lleno. En consecuencia, continuamente estoy buscando comida o un refrigerio que me sacie.

Me hace preguntarme, ¿soy igual espiritualmente?

¿Estoy inconscientemente buscando cosas que me llenen? ¿Cosas que parece que nunca sacian?

¿O estoy tan satisfecha en Jesús, que conscientemente busco maneras para que Dios rebose en mí?


Durante el bachillerato el salmo 63 se convirtió en uno de mis salmos favoritos. Después, hace varios años, el Señor me dio las palabras para una canción que probablemente nunca escucharás en la radio, pero con frecuencia la canto para mí misma. Confío en que te sea de ánimo.

¡Que tu corazón esté satisfecho en Dios cada día y tus labios rebosen con Su alabanza!


     Satisfecha

Hace mucho tiempo un sencillo pastorcito
se convirtió en un rey poderoso
Y aunque lo tenía todo,
él sabía que la vida se encontraba en una cosa sencilla.

Su corazón se saciaba sólo en Dios.
Sin embargo, todavía tenía hambre por conocer más.
Ansiaba conocer, amar y adorar a Dios
Sentirse saciado sólo en Él.

Cantaba esta oración a Dios:
     “Tu amor es mejor que la vida.
Mi corazón está satisfecho.
     Tu alabanza está en mis labios,
Porque tú eres my Rey.
(repetir)
Y a ti me aferro.”


Muchas veces en la vida
Trato de encontrar mi gozo en cosas terrenales.
Pero Jesús se acerca
Y trae al Padre.

Mi corazón se sacia sólo en Dios.
Sin embargo, todavía tengo hambre por conocer más.
Ansío conocer, amar y adorar a Dios,
Sentirme satisfecha sólo en Él.

Entonces canto esta oración a Dios:
     “Tu amor es mejor que la vida.
Mi corazón está satisfecho.
     Tu alabanza está en mis labios,
Porque tú eres my Rey.
(repetir)
Y a ti me aferro.”


“De mañana sácianos de tu misericordia, y cantaremos y nos alegraremos todos nuestros días.”
-Salmo 90:14

No comments: