Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Guest Post: Sufficient Shepherd (Publicación de invitado: Pastor Suficiente)


Today I want to share this post by my friend Adam. I believe his words will bless you. 
-Joanna


By: Adam McClendon

Psalm 23:1–3a: The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. 

God shepherds all of his people. If you are his, you are under his care, and you do not get lost in the fold. He sees you, individually and personally. Whether you feel you are the best or the worst among us, for all who have trusted in Christ, he is your faithful and sufficient Shepherd. 

Just look at the individuality of this Psalm. This Psalm doesn’t just address God’s community of people (i.e. his flock), but each individual sheep. He cares and provides uniquely for each of them.

In this particular part of the Psalm, notice that you do not lack and you shall not want, not because you have all that is necessary for physical life, or all that enhances pleasure, but because you have him. He is satisfying. He is sufficient. And for the submissive sheep, he brings you to places of blessing. He brings you to pastures of plenty and brings rest to your soul.

C. H. Spurgeon wrote, “I may not possess all that I wish for, but ‘I shall not want.’ Others, far wealthier and wiser than I, may want, but ‘I shall not.’ … I have all things and abound; not because I have a good store of money in the bank, not because I have skill and wit with which to win my bread, but because ‘The Lord is my Shepherd.’ The wicked always want, but the righteous never; a sinner’s heart is far from satisfaction, but a gracious spirit dwells in the palace of content” (The Treasury of David, 354).

For David, and for us, contentment is a matter of perspective. See, David’s contentment was in being numbered among God’s flock, not in the number of his own possessions. 

God provides more fully, more completely, and more sufficiently than anything or anyone else. He provides all that we need, because he is our greatest need.

God provides that which is necessary in you accomplishing his plan. 

When you follow God as the good Shepherd adhering to his leadership, his provision for the purpose of your lives will never lack, but will always be sufficient.

Psalm 23:1–3a: The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. 



Publicación de invitado: Pastor Suficiente

Hoy quiero compartir esta entrada escrita por mi amigo Adam. Creo que sus palabras te bendecirán.
-Joanna


Por Adam McClendon

Sal. 23:1-3a: El Señor es mi pastor, nada me falta; en verdes pastos me hace descansar. Junto a tranquilas aguas me conduce; me infunde nuevas fuerzas.

Dios pastorea toda Su gente. Si eres suyo, estás bajo Su cuidado y no te pierdes del redil. Te ve, individual y personalmente. Sea que te sientas como el mejor o el peor entre nosotros, para todos los que hemos confiado en Cristo, Él es nuestro Pastor fiel y suficiente.

Sólo fíjate en la individualidad de este salmo. No se dirige solamente a la comunidad del pueblo de Dios (por ejemplo su rebaño), sino también a cada oveja individualmente. Él cuida a cada una y provee de forma única a cada una de ellas.

En esta parte del salmo en particular, nota que nada te falta y nada te faltará, no porque tengas todo lo que sea necesario para la vida física o todo lo que incrementa el placer, sino porque lo tienes a Él. Él es gratificante. Él es suficiente. Y para la oveja sumisa, te lleva a lugares de bendición, a pastos de abundancia y trae descanso a tu alma.

C.H. Spurgeon escribió: “Puede que no posea todo lo que deseo, pero no me faltará.’ A otros, con mucho mayor bienestar y más sabios que yo, les puede faltar, ‘pero no a mí’… Tengo todo y en abundancia; no porque tenga un buen depósito de dinero en el banco, ni porque tenga habilidades e inteligencia con la cual gane mi pan, sino porque ‘El Señor es mi Pastor.’ Al malo siempre le falta, pero al justo nunca; el corazón del pecador está lejos de la satisfacción, pero un espíritu de gracia habita en el palacio del contentamiento” (El Tesoro de David, 354).

Para David, y para nosotros, el contentamiento es un asunto de perspectiva. Mira, el contentamiento de David estuvo en ser contado en el rebaño de Dios, no en el número de sus propias posesiones.

Dios provee más plena, más completa y más suficientemente que nada o nadie más. Provee todo lo que necesitamos, porque Él es nuestra más grande necesidad.

Dios provee aquello que es necesario en ti para cumplir Su plan.

Cuando sigues a Dios como el Buen Pastor, poniéndote bajo Su liderazgo, Su provisión para el propósito de tu vida nunca faltará, siempre será suficiente.

Sal. 23:1-3a: El Señor es mi pastor,  nada me falta; en verdes pastos me hace descansar. Junto a tranquilas aguas me conduce; me infunde nuevas fuerzas.

No comments: