Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Computer Miracles (Milagros de Computador)


I'm sure you've heard of "Christmas miracles" many times. But perhaps you haven't heard of "computer miracles." That's probably because I just made it up. =) 

But if you've ever used a computer or other electronics, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Like when you're about to finish a huge project and send it to your boss...and the screen suddenly goes black. The power button won't even work. You unplug the stubborn machine and sit there, begging God for a "computer miracle." There's nothing else you can do. You lay hands on it and pray, wait, then try again...and miraculously it comes back to life and there's your project still intact! In such moments, you know there's a God in heaven. =) 

I'm not sure anything is quite so frustrating to me as technology that doesn't work the way it's supposed to. Lately I've had an epidemic of electronic problems.

-My cd player won't play certain cds. It tries really hard, I can hear the discs spinning round and round, but no music comes forth. Even with repeated banging on it, it still doesn't work.

-My cell phone has started giving me an error message when I try to charge it. I have to plug and unplug the thing numerous times before it'll actually start to charge.

-My computer keyboard has a short. I'll be typing away furiously and suddenly realize nothing is showing on the screen. Argh! This one drives the writer in me crazy. How can I let the words flow when I have to keep stopping to jiggle the keyboard cord? 

Honestly, it's been a struggle lately. 

Then this morning I was reading in Matthew and I stopped at Jesus' words:
With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible (Matt. 19:26).

I've been thinking about these words all day. Then as I sat down to write, my keyboard was totally dead. No matter how I moved it - nothing. On the verge of tears, I cried out to God, 
"I can't do this! I can't fix this, it's impossible for me. But it's not impossible for you. Please make my keyboard work so I can do the ministry you've given me." 

I took a deep breath and started typing...and words appeared on the screen! It was a computer miracle! I admit, I started to cry. Then the Holy Spirit reminded me of this verse:

He tends His flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart... (Isaiah 40:11).

Do you know that you are close to His heart? 
Do you know that He cares, even about annoying things like malfunctioning electronics? 
Do you know that what matters to you matters to Him?

He isn't just the God who does miracles in front of great crowds or on a grand scale. He's also the God who does miracles every day, right where you are. 

I don't know about you, but knowing this fills me with such gratitude and joy! 

It doesn't mean God keeps us from every little frustration or difficulty. But He is here, and He is more than able to do the miracles we need.

Praise His name!

What miracle has God done for you lately?


Milagros de Computador

Estoy segura que has escuchado de “milagros de Navidad” muchas veces. Pero quizá no has escuchado de “milagros de computador”. Eso es probablemente porque acabo de inventarlo. =)

Pero si has usado un computador u otro aparato electrónico, estoy segura que sabes de qué estoy hablando. Como cuando estás a punto de terminar un proyecto enorme y enviarlo a tu jefe… y de repente la pantalla se ennegrece. El botón de encendido ni siquiera funciona. Desconectas la terca máquina y te sientas allí, rogando a Dios por un “milagro de computador.” No hay nada más que puedas hacer. Colocas las manos sobre ése y oras, esperas, luego intentas de nuevo… ¡y milagrosamente regresa a la vida! ¡Y ahí está tu proyecto todavía intacto! En esos momentos, sabes que hay un Dios en el cielo. =)

No estoy segura de que haya algo tan frustrante para mí como tecnología que no funciona de la manera que se supone debería hacerlo. Últimamente he tenido una epidemia de problemas electrónicos.

- Mi reproductor de Cds no reproduce ciertos cds. Lo intenta fuertemente, puedo escuchar los discos dando vueltas y vueltas, pero no sale ninguna música. Aun golpeándolo repetidamente, de todos modos no trabaja.

- Mi celular ha empezado a darme un mensaje de error cuando trato de cargarlo. Tengo que enchufar y desenchufar la cosa muchas veces antes de que realmente empiece a cargar.

- El teclado de mi computador tiene un corto. Puedo estar digitando velozmente y de repente darme cuenta de que la pantalla no muestra nada. ¡Ag! Esta enloquece a la escritora que hay en mí. ¿Cómo puedo dejar que las palabras fluyan cuando tengo que estar parando para zangolotear el cable del teclado?

Honestamente, últimamente ha sido una lucha.

Entonces, esta mañana estaba leyendo en Mateo y me detuve ante las palabras de Jesús:
Para los hombres es imposible, mas para Dios todo es posible (Mt. 19:26).

Todo el día he estado pensando en estas palabras. Luego, cuando me senté a escribir, mi teclado estaba totalmente muerto. Sin importar como lo moviera – nada. Al borde de las lágrimas, clamé a Dios:
“¡No puedo hacer esto! No puedo arreglar esto, es imposible para mí. Pero no es imposible para ti. Por favor has que mi teclado funcione para que yo pueda hacer el ministerio que me diste.”

Respiré profundamente y comencé a digitar… ¡y aparecieron palabras en la pantalla! ¡fue un milagro de computador! Lo admito, comencé a llorar. Entonces el Espíritu Santo me recordó este versículo:

Como un pastor que cuida su rebaño, recoge los corderos en sus brazos; los lleva junto a su pecho… (Is. 40:11).

¿Sabes que estás cerca de Su corazón?
¿Sabes que Él se preocupa, incluso por cosas molestas como aparatos electrónicos funcionando mal?
¿Sabes que lo que importa a ti le importa a Él?

Él no es solamente el Dios que hace milagros frente a grandes multitudes o a gran escala. Él es también el Dios que hace milagros todos los días, justo donde estás.

No sé de ti, pero saber esto me llena ¡de mucha gratitud y gozo!

No significa que Dios nos guarda de cada pequeña frustración o dificultad. Pero está aquí y es muy capaz de hacer los milagros que necesitamos.

¡Alabado sea Su nombre!

¿Qué milagros ha hecho Dios por ti últimamente?

No comments: