Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

What We All Need (Lo que todos necesitamos)

Don't you hate it when you do or say something without thinking (or acting in the flesh instead of the Holy Spirit), and you unintentionally hurt someone's feelings? You didn't mean to offend or wound them, but the damage has been done.

I really don't like those moments.

I would never intentionally wound someone I care about. But the fact remains that I am not perfect. I still sin. And as a result, at times I end up hurting people.

On the flip side, sometimes people I love unknowingly hurt my feelings. I try to remember that they didn't mean to, it was unintentional. But too often I hold others to an impossible standard. Especially when I view people as godly, mature Christians, I expect them never to mess up or make a mistake. But they are not perfect yet either. They still sin. And as a result, they sometimes wound me.

I think it would greatly improve our relationships if we could stay mindful of this concept - I still sin, you still sin.

Let's not expect ourselves or others to be perfect.
Let's be mentally prepared, knowing that hurt and conflict will happen.
Let's learn how to ask for, and extend to others, what we all need - Grace.

Grace says,
- I forgive you
- I won't hold this against you
- I love you regardless

Grace. What a wonderful gift!

In Christ, God has given us unlimited Grace. I pray we will keep learning how to receive and give Grace to each other. It's what we all need.

"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."
-2 Corinthians 13:14



Lo que todos necesitamos
 
¿No te sientes muy molesto cuando haces o dices algo sin pensar (o actúas en la carne en lugar del Espíritu Santo), y sin querer hieres los sentimientos de alguien? No tenías la intención de ofenderlos o herirlos, pero el daño ya está hecho.

Realmente no me gustan esos momentos.

Nunca heriría intencionalmente a alguien que me importa. Pero sigue presente el hecho de que no soy perfecta. Todavía peco. Y como resultado, a veces termino hiriendo a la gente.

Por otro lado, a veces sin saberlo, la gente que quiero hiere mis sentimientos. Trato de recordar que no querían hacerlo. No era lo que pensaban, no fue intencional. Pero con demasiada frecuencia quiero que los demás mantengan un nivel muy alto, imposible de alcanzar. Especialmente cuando veo cristianos piadosos, maduros, espero que nunca estropeen una relación o cometan un error. Pero ellos todavía no son perfectos tampoco. Todavía pecan. Y como resultado, a veces me hieren.
 
Creo que mejorarían muchísimo nuestras relaciones si pudiéramos permanecer conscientes de este concepto – yo todavía peco, tú todavía pecas.
 
No esperemos que nosotros mismos, u otros, seamos perfectos.
Estemos mentalmente preparados, sabiendo que habrá heridas y conflictos.
Aprendamos a pedir, y extender a otros, lo que todos necesitamos - Gracia.
 
La gracia dice:
- Te perdono
- No haré nada contra ti,
- Te amo sin tomar esto en cuenta
 
Gracia. ¡Qué regalo tan maravilloso!
 
En Cristo, Dios nos ha dado gracia ilimitada. Oro que sigamos aprendiendo la forma de recibir y dar gracia a los demás. Es lo que todos necesitamos.
 
"La gracia del Señor Jesucristo, y el amor de Dios, y la comunión del Espíritu Santo sean con todos vosotros."
                                            - 2 Corintios 13:14

No comments: