Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

God Who Sees (El Dios que Ve)

Last summer I was so blessed to attend a Bible conference with speakers including Beth Moore, Mike Huckabee, Christine Caine, Tony Evans, and many more. It was an amazing weekend! It was so good that it was too much to absorb in just one weekend. So recently I ordered the DVD's from it, and I've been enjoying the sessions all over again.

If you've watched any DVD's of conferences or sermons at big churches, you'll notice how every so often the camera pans the audience or zooms in on one person in particular.  

Well, in the middle of the second session, after a brief shot of someone in the audience, I suddenly realized the person looked familiar. I backed up the DVD, and sure enough, there I was!! The camera actually stayed on me for a few seconds as I laughed at the speaker's joke. 

It was funny to see myself on a DVD (my 3 seconds of fame?). =)

But the strange part was that I hadn't even recognized myself. I was so used to not taking notice of the people in the audience, that I was just another face in the crowd. 

Do you ever feel like that? 

Sometimes it's not only that we feel overlooked by others, but that we don't even see ourselves clearly. 

As I considered this, God reminded me of Hagar's story in Genesis 16.

Hagar had been used and mistreated, so she fled into the desert. Verse 7 says, The angel of the LORD found Hagar near a spring in the desert....

I love that God was looking for Hagar. And when He found her, He encouraged her with a promise. 

In response to God's gracious encounter with her, Hagar said, You are the God who sees me...I have now seen the One who sees me (v.13).

What an incredible truth! 

Almighty God sees me physically. He sees where I am, knows my address, and watches me no matter where I go. (Psalm 139) 

God also sees me completely. He knows that I enjoy listening to the rain, that I squeal when a lizard is in my house, and that I cry when watching horse movies. He sees into my heart. He knows things about me that I don't even know. (1 Cor. 13:12)

He sees my future. My heavenly Father sees the beautiful vision for my life that He created me to experience and fulfill. (Jer. 1:5)

Best of all, He sees me IN CHRIST. No matter how I feel, what I do or don't do, God sees me with all of the favor, pleasure, and blessing that Jesus alone deserves! (Col. 3:1-4) Hallelujah!

Some days I may feel like just another face in the crowd. But the eternal reality is that my God SEES me. And He loves who He sees. 

I can tell you that I now watch those conference DVD's very differently. Every time the camera focuses on a person in the audience, I LOOK. I remember that God sees that person. That they aren't just another face in the crowd. That they are precious to God and dearly loved.  

And so are you, my friend. 

But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear HIm, on those whose hope is in His unfailing love (Psalm 33:18).


El Dios que Ve

El verano pasado fui muy bendecida al asistir a una conferencia bíblica con oradores que incluían a Beth Moore, Mike Huckabee, Christine Caine, Tony Evans y varios más. ¡Fue un fin de semana maravilloso! Fue tan bueno que fue demasiado para absorberlo en sólo un fin de semana. Entonces, hace poco ordené los DVDs de ésa y he estado disfrutando las sesiones de nuevo.

Si has mirado DVDs de conferencias o sermones en iglesias grandes habrás notado como de vez en cuando la cámara hace un paneo de la audiencia o un acercamiento de una persona en particular.

Bueno, en la mitad de la segunda sesión, después de una corta toma de alguien en la audiencia, de repente caí en cuenta que esa persona me parecía conocida. Devolví el video y, efectivamente, ¡¡ahí estaba yo!! De hecho la cámara se detuvo en mí por unos pocos segundos mientras yo me reía del chiste del orador.

Fue chistoso verme a mí misma en un DVD (¿mis tres segundos de fama?).=)

Pero lo extraño es que ni siquiera me había reconocido a mí misma. Estaba tan acostumbrada a no fijarme en la gente de la audiencia, que yo era simplemente otra cara en la multitud.

¿Te sientes así a veces?

A veces no es solamente que sentimos que los demás nos pasan por alto, sino que ni siquiera nos vemos nosotros mismos muy claramente.

Al considerar esto, Dios me recordó la historia de Agar en Génesis 16.

Agar había sido usada y maltratada, por eso huyó al desierto. El versículo 7 dice: "Y el ángel del SEÑOR la encontró junto a una fuente de agua en el desierto…"

Me encanta que Dios estaba cuidando a Agar. Y cuando la encontró, la animó con una promesa.

En respuesta al bondadoso encuentro de Dios con ella,  Agar le puso por nombre "El Dios que me ve", pues se decía: "Ahora he visto al que me ve." (vr. 13)

¡Qué verdad tan increíble!

El Dios Todopoderoso me ve físicamente. Ve donde estoy, sabe mi dirección y me observa, no importa a donde vaya. (Salmo 139)

Dios me ve también completamente. Sabe que me gusta escuchar la lluvia, que chillo cuando hay una lagartija en mi casa y que lloro cuando veo películas de caballos. Ve dentro de mi corazón. Sabe cosas de mí que ni yo misma sé. (1 Co. 13:12)

Ve mi futuro. Mi Padre celestial ve la hermosa visión que Él creó para mi vida para que yo la viva y la cumpla. (Jer. 1:5)

Lo mejor de todo, me ve EN CRISTO. No importa como me sienta, lo que haga o no haga, ¡Dios me ve con todo el favor, gozo y bendición que solo Jesús merece! (Col. 3:1-4) ¡Aleluya!

Algunos días puedo sentirme como una cara más en la multitud. Pero la realidad eterna es que mi Dios me VE. Y Él ama a quien ve.

Puedo decirte que ahora miro esos DVDs de la conferencia de una manera muy diferente. Cada vez que la cámara enfoca a una persona en la audiencia, OBSERVO. Recuerdo que Dios mira a esa persona. Que no es solamente otra cara en la multitud. Que es preciosa para Dios y profundamente amada.

Y tú también lo eres, mi amigo.

“He aquí, los ojos del SEÑOR están sobre los que le temen, sobre los que esperan en su misericordia,” (Sal. 33:18).

No comments: